A couple of residents have asked questions about permitting requirements related to yard sales. City staff has provided us with the following information:

State tax law (per Comptroller) limits residents to hold 3 yard sales per year, of their personal effects, on their property, without a traders license. Yard sale signs may be placed on private property, not City right of way, without permits, for these 3 sales.

Continuous yard sales require state traders license, and City business permits. Community yard sales on City streets may require a street closing permit. These applications are available online.

Questions about specific events or locations should be referred to Public Services at 240-487-3570.