The fifth and final reason to attend TODAY’s National Night Out is to take a stand against crime and let criminals know that our neighborhood is organized against crime. National Night Out is all about building support and increasing participation in local anti-crime efforts, strengthening neighborhood spirit, and improving relationships between the police department and local residents. To celebrate the nationwide event, you are encouraged to lock your cars, turn on your porch lights and spend the evening outdoors with your neighbors.
More than 16,000 communities across the country will host National Night Out events TODAY, hoping to instill confidence in their community and promote crime prevention and safety. In North College Park, the National Night Out will take place at Duvall Field (9119 Rhode Island Ave, College Park, MD) from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Please spread the word!
Highlights of today’s event include:
- An opportunity to meet your local Police
- Kids’ Activities: Activities by community groups
- Fire trucks and Firefighters (from the Branchville Fire Department)
- Free ID kits to protect your kids if they get lost
- Opportunities to get involved with Neighborhood Watch
- Snacks and Grilled hot dogs by local boy scouts
- FREE popcorns and Snow-Cones
Community organizations we’re expecting to join..
- Hollywood Elementary School PTA (Parent Teachers Association)
- North College Park Community Association (NCPCA – http://myncpca.org )
- Posh Cycling and Fitness offers a variety of fitness classes for everyone in the College Park community
- Boys Scout
- Girls Scout
- Youth and Family Services Department (YFSS)
- DUS Youth group
- College Park Food Bank
- Branchville Fire Department
- Prince George’s Police Department (PGPD)
- City of College Park