In light of the burning, terrible heat of summer 2011, I thought these tips to keep us cool and hydrated would be useful.
Keep your body temperature cool to avoid heat-related illness.
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings as much as possible. If there is an issue with the air conditioning unit make sure to contact a company that does ac tune up near me in Fort Lauderdale, FL. If you end up needing a new ac unit, you may hire an ac installation services contractor like Griffin Service.
- Find an air-conditioned shelter. In case your air conditioning unit stopped functioning, it’s best to look for a professional hvac services technician just like the ones from an air conditioning company in Tucson, AZ for the repair to get better results. It’s also recommended to schedule a regular tune-up or HVAC system repair in Cedar Park, TX to maintain your hvac system’s efficiency. If you need duct cleaning services available in Ivesdale, IL for better cooling, contact a nearby contractor.
- Do not rely on a fan as your primary cooling device.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Take cool showers or baths.
- Check on those most at-risk twice a day.
Because your body loses fluids through sweat, you can become dehydrated during times of extreme heat.
- Drink more water than usual.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink more fluids.
- Drink from two to four cups of water every hour while working or exercising outside.
- Avoid liquids containing high amounts of sugar.
- Remind others to drink enough water.
Btw, Metro has allowed its riders to carry and drink water in its stations and trains. Here is Metro’s press release.
It is best to prepare before the summer season starts by checking your ac installation and other cooling appliances. Contact an expert air conditioning repair technician to ensure that your AC is in perfect condition.