The second and probably the last leaf colelction in this fall season will begin next week. The first collection happened early last month.
For a calendar of the collection schedule in your area, please check here or the collection notice posted on your neighborhood street.
Also, please be mindful of a few things during this collection time:
- Rake leaves to the curb, but not into the street. Pile leaves away from cars and storm drains. The leaf vacuum cannot reach around cars, and will not be able to collect your leaves.
- Remove all tree limbs, rocks and other debris from leaves to be collected. They can damage the equipment and cause delays.
- Noise and dust may be noticeable. Dry conditions generate more dust. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- If you bag leaves, please put them out when the leaf vacuum is scheduled. Use paper yard waste bags or approved reusable containers. Do not put them out with regular trash.
- The leaf vacuum only makes collections in the fall.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Public Works at 240-487-3590 or send them an email at email@example.com