Thank you all – who took their time to attend yesterday’s community meeting on the 100% design of the Duvall Field redesign project. The Consultant KCI Inc and City staff did a fantastic job in presenting different options and getting the community’s feedback about them. Please see below some highlights of the presentation:
1. Preferred Design Option: The Consultant and the staff presented 3 options, but preferred an option (option 3) that calls for keeping the playground at the current location, without impacting the existing matured trees around it. In the previous community meeting, the preliminary concept design (option 1) envisioned putting the playground close to the main ball field. Several community members expressed serious concerns about that plan.
As can be seen in the preferred design above, the new Duvall Field includes several amenities:
- Multipurpose soccer field with natural turf
- Walking trail
- Neighborhood park signage
- Baseball field
- Basketball court
- Event lawn with stage area
- Existing concession stand (no change)
- Playground area (2-5 and 5-12 age group)
- Bicycle parking
- Cricket pitch (or optional uses)Volleyball court / Farmers market (or optional uses)
- Excercise station
- Picnic pavilion
- Landscape screening
- SWM/Bioretention area
- Timber guard rail with hedge
- Proposed park main signage
The main field will be upgraded to a multipurpose turf field, where multiple sports can be played on. The Community gave significant input on the type of turf to be used in the field.
Walking Trails: The plan includes a walking trail around the field with a few exercise stations where they can utilize their equipment such as a Gi’s Boxing gloves.
Amphitheater: An amphitheater is pr.oposed on the west side of the park. Several options were discussed
A redesigned, improved playground: The existing playground will be completely revamped with a lot of new play equipment, sitting areas etc.