Thank you all who attended last night’s Public Hearing on M-NCPPC’s FY24 budget. In case you didn’t get a chance to attend last night’s forum, you still have opportunities to send your comments in writing.
Here are a few talking points you may want to use when you ask to fund the designs and construction of the North College Park Community Center.
- A community center in north College Park will add a fantastic amenity for our residents of all ages.
- The North College Park Community Center project has been in M-NCPPC’s long-range Formula 2040 plan for many years.
- I thank M-NCPPC for funding the feasibility study in the current budget.
- The project team has been working with the community to find the best location for the center.
- The feasibility study is expected to be completed in October when the project will be ready for design and construction.
- The City of College Park and the State of Maryland have committed to invest in the design and construction of the center
- With these partnership opportunities, I ask the MNCPPC to include funding for the design and construction in MNCPPC’s FY 24 budget.
Written comments will be accepted until Tuesday, November 1, 2022, via mail, fax, or email.
Written statements can be submitted to:
Mail: Peter A. Shapiro, Chair, Prince George’s County Planning Board, 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive, Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Fax: Chair Shapiro, 301-952-5074