With the holiday season in full swing, the Prince George’s County Police Department is offering some general crime prevention tips to help remind residents of things they can do to reduce their chance of being a crime victim during this time of the year and to help citizens remain safe during the holiday shopping season.
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Walk in well-lit areas; populated areas; avoid cut-through paths.
- Try to park in busy, well-lit areas and avoid parking beside large vehicles.
- Lock your car doors, and place all valuables in the trunk or under the seats.
- Avoid carrying large sums of cash, pay with a check or credit cards.
- Keep your purse closed and close to your body and/or carry your wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)