This Tuesday, Prince George’s County extended the indoor mask mandate until December 9, 2021, or until the County Executive decides to lift the mandate.
The Council Resolution 122-2021 gave the following COVID-19 data through October 12, 2021
- positive cases in the County: 98,216,
- approximately 9728 hospitalizations
- approximately 1646 deaths.
- infection rate is 3.1%
- the average daily case rate is 10.7 per 100,000 residents
- available hospital capacity is 50.1%, with 8% of hospital beds in use for patients with COVID-19
- 82.7% of adult county residents ages 18 and over received at least one vaccination, and 73.1% are fully vaccinated
The new indoor mask mandate went into effect as of October 25, 2021, at 5:01 pm.