UPDATE (Jan 29, 6:16pm) : The presentation slides have now been updated here. The slides have the design concepts and cross sections towards the end.
Thanks everyone who came to last night’s community meeting on the Hollywood Commercial streetscape project and gave their feedback. Staff will post the preliminary design to our website soon. When it’s posted, we’ll let you all know.
Here are a few ideas we discussed at the meeting:
- Wellness trail / circuit and exercise stations around MoM/REI shopping complex
- Gateway signage and streetscape amenities
- Benches, bicycle storage, popup park, bioretention cells
- Mini circle at Edgewood Rd. and Naragansett Pk way
- Pedestrian refuge and special paving at Edgewood Rd and Rhode Island,
- Shared bicycle and pedestrian way on both sides of Rhode Island just north of Edgewood rd
- Bicycle boulevard north of bicycle / pedestrian way
- New planting in storm water facility on the west side of Rhode Island Avenue and south of Edgewood Rd
- Pedestrian scle streetlights on Rhode Island ave in front of REI / MoM shopping center
- Access improvements at the Hollywood Shopping center
- Gateway signs on I-495 overpass
- Intersection improvement at Rhode Island and Niagara Rd (needs future study)
The architect will present the design to the City Council in early March, when we’ll talk about the design further and the next step about its implementation. In the mean time if you have further comments about the plan, please let me know.
Here are a few pictures I took.