The Hollywood Park near the Greenbelt Metro station is going to get two new picnic tables. The Maryland Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) staff told us recently.
The picnic tables were discussed in the October 7th community meeting that was held at the Youth Center. These tables were extremely old (over 40 years old) and out-dated. They looked terrible and it’s time to have these outdated amenities removed.
PG Parks will place (2) tables once the weather breaks and then monitor over the spring/summer/fall to see if there is a need to purchase any more in the future.
Here are reasons why the PG Parks is moving to web-coated picnic tables:
· All of the Area Operations Maintenance (Southern, Central, and Northern) are working towards consistency with certain equipment/supplies/products
· The web-coated tables are the ones selected for all (3) areas
· This table is lighter so maintenance can move easier when necessary especially during mowing season
· This table is more durable
· This table has more lifespan
· Weather resistance