Here are the unofficial results of yesterday’s gubernatorial election (updated 11/3/2010).
Congratulations to School board-elect Peggy Higgins, who faced a rather bizarre campaign from her rival Mark Cook.
Though our state mostly went Democrat, overall, the ruling party has been projected to lose the House. The next two years will be interesting to watch on the national political front.
Governor / Lt. Governor
- O’Malley/Brown (Democratic) 969005 55.78%
- Ehrlich/Kane (Republican) 733782 42.24%
- Barbara A. Mikulski (Democratic) 1057946 61.77%
- Eric Wargotz (Republican) 619457 36.17%
Congressional District 05
- Steny H. Hoyer (Democratic) 145411 63.97%
- Charles Lollar (Republican) 79359 34.91%
- H. Gavin Shickle (Libertarian) 2413 1.06%
Board of Education District 002
- Mark Cook (Non-Partisan) 4767 32.45%
- Peggy Higgins (Non-Partisan) 9872 67.21%
- Write-Ins (Non-Partisan) 50 0.34%