Curbside leaf collection is finishing up its first week and is on schedule. Updates to the collection calendar are posted on the City’s website every Friday evening. Please check here for the calendar.
Look for signs posted in your neighborhood with collection dates; signs will be posted the week prior to collection.
Residents are asked to consider the following information and adhere to the rules of leaf collection season:
- Rake leaves to the curb. Pile leaves away from cars and storm drains. The leaf vacuum cannot reach around cars. DO NOT pile leaves in the street.
- Remove tree limbs, rocks, trash, and other debris from leaves to be collected. They can damage the equipment and cause delays.
- Noise and dust may be noticeable. Dry conditions generate more dust. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- If you bag leaves or yard trimmings, please put them out when the leaf vacuum is scheduled. Yard waste trucks will not be collecting bagged yard trim during your regular trash and recycling day during this time.
- Use paper yard waste bags or approved reusable containers.
- Do not put them out with regular trash.
- No bagging is necessary in the fall. Soft vegetative yard trim can be included in your leaf piles (e.g. grass, flowers, weeds – no vines or woody trimmings).
- The leaf vacuum makes collections only in the fall.