The City of College Park is rolling out a new curbside food scrap collection program this fall!
If your household currently receives curbside trash and recycling collection within the City of College Park, then you are eligible to participate; residential collections only.
Households can register by filling out the online form here. Public Works staff will follow up with you when the containers are ready to pick up, they will also let you know when the program will start and provide educational information.
- Voluntary program – residents must opt-in.
- Food scrap collection will become a component of weekly curbside service for those that sign up.
- The program start date and collection day are to be determined, but it will be weekly.
- No fee for collection, but residents must contribute 50% of the collection container cost – all material must be placed in a cost-share container. Choose from a 12-gallon wheeled cart ($13.00), or a 5-gallon bucket ($9.00). Participants can also choose to purchase a small kitchen pail ($5.00) to store food scraps inside their homes.
- All material must be placed in compostable bags.
- Participants of the drop-off program can continue to use the city-supplied 5-gallon buckets; no personal containers are allowed
- Updates will be emailed to registered participants.
- For a full list of what is accepted, visit City’s Food Scraps page.
How Do I Sign Up?
Residents can sign up online and choose container(s). Participants are required to select either a 12-gallon wheeled cart ($13.00), or a 5-gallon bucket ($9.00). Participants can also choose to purchase a small kitchen pail ($5.00) to store food scraps inside their homes. Sign up for the service online here or visit collegeparkmd.gov/CurbsideCollectionApp.
For more information, call 240-487-3590 or visit www.collegeparkmd.gov/foodscraps.
[City of College Park]