Last December, I attended a community forum, which was organized by a focus group called ‘Envision Prince George’s”. Participants were asked to discuss the current issues or problems in the county that the Vision and Goals should address. The Envision PG organized a number of such events across various parts of the county. The last of these events happened on March 20.
After getting feedback from participating residents in all these forums, the county has published the priorities the county residents want to see in future.
Here is that list. Not surprising, the public safety and the education remain the two top priority items in the county residents’ mind.
- Improve public safety—and reduce crime.
- Improve our public schools.
- Provide more public transportation—especially for youth & seniors.
- Improve the image of the county—especially in regard to schools and public safety.
- Focus on economic development—more job training and job creation.
- Expand tax base to put less burden on residents and be more responsible in spending our tax dollars.
- Improve road infrastructure.
- Develop more quality shopping and restaurants.
- Provide help to reduce foreclosures and increase quality affordable housing.
The more on these studies can be found here.
The Envision PG also hosts an annual economic outlook forum, the 3rd of this will take place on June 11, 2010. Click here to find more about the forum and how to register.