Late last month the City published the draft strategic plan for the year 2010-2015. The City had a public hearing on the strategic plan back in early March, this year.
Based on the strategic plan, the City came up with a draft implementation action plan, which you can view here on City’s website. The strategic plan includes five broad goals:
- Consistent high-quality and cost-effective public services that contribute to a safe, welcoming community for all.
- Convenient transportation options that improve local travel and reduce traffic congestion.
- Lead the community in environmental conservation, protection, restoration, and energy efficiency.
- Neighborhoods that are safe, peaceful, attractive and retain their community character.
- Expand the local economy and tax base through socially responsible development.
There will be a public hearing on this on July 13, 2010, at 7 pm at City Hall.