At tomorrow’s Council meeting, the City Council will discuss further the Cambria Suite hotel project, which is located at 8321 Baltimore Avenue and is under construction.
On April 9, 2013, the City Council unanimously agreed to recommend approval with conditions for DSP12034, Keane Enterprises, Inc., to construct a hotel, pharmacy (CVS) and associated three-story parking garage.
On April 28, 2015, the District Council issued an amended order affirming the Planning Board decision with conditions. Since DSP approval, the property has been sold and a new hotel flag identified.
A request has been made to M-NCPPC to revise several elements of the site plan and architecture. The Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing on this request on March 2nd.
The specific revisions requested are as follows:
- Addition of a rooftop mechanical penthouse
- Redesign of the tower and landmark feature located on the northwest corner of the building façade along Baltimore Avenue
- Changes to ground floor shopfront architecture
- Remove rear, sidewalk metal entrance canopy and add a connecting canvas canopy to the parking garage with hotel signage
- Addition of an emergency generator adjacent to the parking garage
- Signage Change
- Removal of 10 windows from the east elevation facing the parking garage and (h) Revised design of the handicapped ramp.
The Council will discuss these revisions at tomorrow’s worksession and consider taking positions on them.