There has seen a spike of auto thefts yesterday in the city.
In just one day, Police reported a total of 12 thefts from vehicles.
In response to this sudden spike, the Prince George’s Police Department’s community liaison officer Ofc. Black is asking residents to take cautions.
He has sent the following auto theft safety and prevention tips.
* Make sure your car is lock at all times.
* Never leave your vehicle running while unattended.
* Always remove your keys while refueling.
* Keep all personal items, such as checkbook, personal identification, credit cards, purses, GPS’s, wallet and CD’s out of view.
* Always activate any anti-theft you have on your vehicle.
* Don’t hide spare keys in your car.
* Engrave your driver license number on stereos and car phone.
* Never leave high tech devices such as cellular phones, portables TV’s, and compact disc players visible.
* Always, Always, Always, Always report suspicious activity to the police.
reported a total of 12 stolen vehicles … are you sure you are correct on this. I thought it was thefts FROM cars NOT stolen vehicles
Hi Anita, it’s actually “thefts from auto”. Thanks for pointing that out.