Please see below last week’s crime stats and the highlights of a few incidents
- In 5000 Block Odessa Rd incident, police arrested a person when she began spitting on the police officer after making false claim that she was assaulted by another person.
- The 5100 Block Lackawanna St. incident was a carjacking case where 4 juvenile males approached the victim. One of the suspects displayed a hand gun. The suspects then fled in the victims vehicle. Fortunately, the victim was unharmed.
- In 9200 Block 51st Avenue incident, a resident called to report a fight between 12 drunk males in the middle of the street. Once on scene, the police officer arrested involved parties.
Let’s thank our police officers for making apprehension in two assault incidents. Also, let’s be extra careful about our surroundings as we are going through this holiday seasons. At the end of this report, you will find a few general crime prevention tips to reduce our chance of being a crime victim during this time of the year and to remain safe during the holiday shopping season.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.
|12/09/2012||1321||ASSAULT ( Arrest)||5000 Blk ODESSA RD|
|12/11/2012||57||Carjacking||5100 Blk LACKAWANNA ST|
|12/11/2012||1108||ASSAULT||9900 Blk RHODE ISLAND AVE|
|12/11/2012||1506||THEFT||4700 Blk CHERRY HILL RD|
|12/12/2012||1148||AUTO, STOLEN||9300 Blk BALTIMORE AVE|
|12/14/2012||820||THEFT||9800 Blk RHODE ISLAND AVE|
|12/14/2012||1533||THEFT||9800 Blk RHODE ISLAND AVE|
|12/14/2012||1700||ASSAULT (Arrest)||9200 BLK 51ST AVE|
|12/15/2012||2302||THEFT FROM AUTO||5000 Blk BRANCHVILLE RD|
CRIME PREVENTION TIPS
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Walk in well-lit areas; populated areas; avoid cut-through paths.
- Try to park in busy, well-lit areas and avoid parking beside large vehicles.
- Lock your car doors, and place all valuables in the trunk or under the seats.
- Avoid carrying large sums of cash, pay with a check or credit cards.
- Keep your purse closed and close to your body and/or carry your wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket
- If you do return to your vehicle to unload purchases, place them in the trunk.
- Don’t display presents under the tree where they can be seen from a window.
- Keep all windows and doors locked when you are away from home.
- If out of town, stop mail and newspaper deliveries and place a light on a timer, this will give the appearance of someone being home.
- Have a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on your residence.
- After the holidays, don’t advertise gifts received by the boxes left for the garbage collection. Destroy boxes and place in a sealed, non-clear garbage bag