April Cleanup Saturdays
April 10 & 24 | 7:30 a.m. to Noon
The City of College Park’s Department of Public Works (9217 51st Avenue) will be hosting its annual April Cleanup Saturdays events where residents can drop off bulk trash, yard waste, electronics for recycling, and more.
Proof of City residency is required for participation.
Residents and non-residents can also purchase compost and wood mulch at these events.
This April, the Department of Public Works will be collecting household goods for GreenDrop as well as collecting household batteries (limit 10 batteries, no automotive), light bulbs (limit 4), and fluorescent tubes (limit 2) for recycling. Residents can also bring bulk trash, appliances, metals, electronics for recycling, brush and yard waste, and block Styrofoam.
All appliance, TV and monitor fees will be waived during this event.
Residents can get one cubic yard of the City’s Smartleaf screened compost for free during the event. Limit 1 cubic yard per resident; proof of residency required. Bring an open bed truck or your own containers and shovels to pickup.
Yuck old paint will be collected on Saturday, April 10 at $5 per can on Saturday, April 10. See below for details.
Yuck Paint Details:
• Latex and oil paint only in any condition (no spray paint)
• Paint must be in original containers. In order for the paint to be properly used, the contents on the inside must match the label on the outside.
• Payment will be collected on-site in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
• Residents pay $5/per can (quart, 1-gallon, 5-gallon bucket)
• There is no limit on the number of households who want to participate, nor a limit on the number of cans per household.