KabirCares.org

Your Tax Dollars at Work

Your tax dollars at work

Ever wonder how the property tax that you pay to the county is being spent? How the City, the State and other local governments share your hard earned money that you pay every year?

Here is a little breakdown:

First, the County keeps nearly 54% of your property taxes, the rest (46%) is shared by local governments and agencies. The City gets around 18%, the State 6%.

The County’s 54% is then spent for various services that the County provides. The significant portion (39%) is spent for public schools.

See the chart to get a sense of breakdown.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 99 times, 1 visits today)

Comments are closed.