Campaigns such as this may help to reduce the high volume of property vacancies due to issues such as foreclosures etc. When we have many houses left unoccupied, we invite other ills to the community, such as crimes etc.
So why do you like to live in the city? We know everyone has a few grudges against the way things work in our city, but the fact that you’ve been living here for a while, there must be something good here that keeps you calling this city as your home.
Here are a few things we can think of (not necessarily in the order of importance)
- Diverse and friendly communities
- Home of the University of Maryland – great college town
- Close to beltway, Metro and the nation’s capital
- Great restaurants and shops
- Affordable housing
- Great student housing
- Low crime rates
- Free UMd shuttle ride within the city
- Discounted housing with Work and Live College Park program
Do you agree / disagree with any of these items? Do you want to add more to the list?